URBAN DESIGNER/PLANNER | CODE STUDIO
Code Studio is hiring an Urban Design/Planning Associate!
We think BIG……The future of our cities is more than just an incremental improvement on today – it is a transformational change. Code Studio needs your design and creative problem-solving skills to support our growing practice. We are looking for a talented urban designer with a background in solving complex urban design and planning issues.
As a small private planning firm, Code Studio has a unique, ground-level glimpse into all aspects of the planning business. Our work involves hands-on experience and collaboration on some of the nation’s largest zoning code updates in diverse communities across the country.
We are looking for individuals who are motivated team players, excellent verbal, visual and written communicators, and most importantly are passionate about building diverse and inclusive cities. Individuals from historically under-invited communities are strongly encouraged to apply. Our goal is to develop and equip emerging leaders interested in furthering their careers in the diverse fields of urban design and planning. Ideal candidates should have an advanced degree in urban design, architecture, urban planning or a related field. Experience after graduation, including work in private consulting firms, is preferred, but not required.
This will be a remote position for most, if not for all, of 2021. Ideally, and dependent on the Covid situation, this will eventually become a position in our Austin office.
About the Role:
- Urban design and precedent research
- Site analysis and existing conditions documentation
- Analysis and concept diagrams
- Site plans and area mapping
- Illustrative plans, sections and perspective renderings, both hand and digital
- Zoning and form-based code drafting and interpretation
- Preparation of presentations and production of planning and urban design studies
- Assist in managing client expectations, team communication and consultant coordination
- GIS mapping and analysis
- Strong Sketch-Up skills
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign and Illustrator
- Experience with GIS and ArcMap
- Excellent computer rendering, massing and other graphic visualization skills
- Strong verbal, visual and written communication skills
- Fluency with multidisciplinary and multi-cultural design teams
- Working experience with a variety of client types including public agencies, developers and institutional organizations.
Salary is negotiable. Benefits package includes health insurance, paid time off and holidays, an IRA with an employer match, funds for professional development, and an annual performance bonus.
How to Apply:
Fill out our application form. Please be sure to communicate your experience relative to the role, as well as how your background adds a unique perspective to Code Studio’s work.
This position is open until filled
Code Studio is committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace. We believe that having employees with diverse backgrounds enables us to better meet our mission and serve our clients and community. People of color, women and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.