Looking for a new opportunity, looking to expand your perspective? Come work with us! Code Studio is hiring a Zoning/Urban Design Associate to help support our growing portfolio of national and international urban design, zoning, and form-based code work.
Are you that person? If you’re interested keep on reading!!!
We think BIG . . . The future of our cities is more than just an incremental improvement today – it is a transformational change. Code Studio needs your design and creative problem-solving skills to support our growing practice. We are looking for a talented planner or urban designer with a background in solving complex urban design and planning issues.
As a small private planning firm, Code Studio has a unique, ground-level glimpse into all aspects of the planning business. Our work involves hands-on experience and collaboration on some of the nation’s largest zoning code updates in diverse communities across the country.
We are interested in hiring someone with a real passion for urban design and zoning, including form-based coding. Ideal candidates would have between 3 and 5 years of experience working on planning, zoning, and urban design-related projects either in the public or private sector. Strong SketchUp and Adobe Illustrator skills are a must.
We are looking for individuals who are motivated team players, excellent verbal, visual, and written communicators, and most importantly, are passionate about building diverse and inclusive cities. Our goal is to develop and equip emerging leaders interested in furthering their careers in the diverse fields of urban design and planning. Ideal candidates should have an advanced degree in urban design, architecture, urban planning, or a related field.
You could live anywhere in the U.S. for this position – we are comfortable with this being primarily a remote position – we would also be happy to have you join our Austin office. Also, if you live in Washington DC or Atlanta, we would be happy to have you collaborate in person with our employees in each of those respective cities.
About the Role:
- Urban design and precedent research
- Site analysis and existing conditions documentation
- Analysis and concept diagrams
- Site plans and area mapping
- Illustrative plans, sections, and perspective renderings, both hand and digital
- Zoning and form-based code drafting and interpretation
- Preparation of presentations and production of planning and urban design studies
- Assist in managing client expectations, team communication, and consultant coordination
- GIS mapping and analysis
- Strong Sketch-Up skills
- Strong Adobe InDesign and Illustrator
- Experience with ArcGIS Pro
- Excellent computer rendering, massing, and other graphic visualization skills
- Strong verbal, visual, and written communication skills
- Fluency with multidisciplinary and multi-cultural design teams
- Working experience with a variety of client types including public agencies, developers, and institutional organizations.
Salary is negotiable. The benefits package includes health insurance, paid time off and holidays, an IRA with an employer match, and funds to support your professional development.
How to Apply:
Fill out our application form. Please be sure to communicate your experience relative to the role, as well as how your background adds a unique perspective to Code Studio’s work.
This position is open until filled.
Code Studio is committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace. We believe that having employees with diverse backgrounds enables us to better meet our mission and serve our clients and community. People of color, women, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.