ASSOCIATE URBAN DESIGNER/PLANNER (ENTRY-LEVEL)
Code Studio is currently hiring a full-time Associate Urban Designer/Planner to help support our growing portfolio of national and international urban design, zoning, and form-based code work. The ideal candidate for this hybrid work-from-home/in-office position would be based in Austin, TX. Candidates based in Los Angeles, Atlanta, or Washington DC will also be considered for hybrid work-from-home/in-office positions in our offices in those locations.
We think BIG . . . The future of our cities is more than just an incremental improvement on today – it is a transformational change. Code Studio needs your design and creative problem-solving skills to support our growing practice. We are looking for talented individuals with a background in solving complex urban design and planning issues.
As a small private planning firm, Code Studio has a unique, ground-level glimpse into all aspects of the planning business. Our work involves hands-on experience and collaboration on some of the nation’s largest zoning code updates in diverse communities across the country.
This is an entry-level position. We are looking for individuals who are motivated team players, excellent verbal, visual, and written communicators, and most importantly, are passionate about building diverse and inclusive cities. Our goal is to develop and equip emerging leaders interested in furthering their careers in the diverse fields of urban design and planning.
We are currently looking to fill two full-time positions in our Austin office. The position will be hybrid remote/in-person. We also have locations in Los Angeles, Atlanta, and Washington DC. Working hybrid remote/in-person in these cities is also a possibility.
About the Role:
You may be involved in:
- Urban design and precedent research
- Site analysis and existing conditions documentation
- Analysis and concept diagrams
- Site plans and area mapping
- Illustrative plans, sections, and perspective renderings, both hand and digital
- Zoning and form-based code drafting and interpretation
- Preparation of presentations and production of planning and urban design studies
- Managing client expectations, team communication, and consultant coordination
- GIS mapping and analysis
- Strong Sketch-Up skills
- Strong Adobe InDesign and Illustrator
- Experience with ArcGIS Pro
- Excellent computer rendering, massing, and other graphic visualization skills
- Strong verbal, visual, and written communication skills
- Fluency with multidisciplinary and multi-cultural design teams
Salary is negotiable, $70K to $90K depending on experience. The benefits package includes health insurance, paid time off and holidays, an IRA with an employer match, and funds to support professional development.
How to Apply:
Code Studio is committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace. We believe that having employees with diverse backgrounds enables us to better meet our mission and serve our clients and community. People of color, women and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Fill out our application form. Please be sure to communicate your experience relative to the role, as well as how your background adds a unique perspective to Code Studio’s work. No one ever meets 100% of the preferred skill set. We encourage you to break the mold and apply. We look forward to receiving your application.
This position is open until filled.
For more information about this opportunity, email email@example.com