Fort Worth, Texas
BERRY/UNIVERSITY FORM-BASED CODE
Challenge: Craft a code that establishes higher density and transit-ready development while preserving integrity of surrounding neighborhoods. Accommodate pedestrian safety and stormwater.
- A development plan that generated strategies to achieve the project goals and desired community outcome.
- A form-based code that addresses housing affordability with a diversity of housing options.
- Clear regulations and processes that result in a predictable, efficient and coordinated review process.
- A new zoning map ensuring that growth supports the Development plan.
- A stormwater management bonus to remediate flooding issues.
Year adopted: 2016
Code Studio (Lead)
Third Coast Design Studio
Berkenbile Landscape Architects
Open Channels Group