Sandy Springs, Georgia
UNIFIED DEVELOPMENT CODE
Challenge: Work with a team to update the City’s Comprehensive Plan. Prepared a unified development code with both zoning and subdivision. Implement new small area planning concepts.
- Character protection in established single-family neighborhoods.
- Infill in the right places – new mixed use zoning promotes compact, pedestrian-friendly development.
- New multi-modal streets promote context-sensitive street design.
- Additional small lot housing options, with a focus on owner-occupied units.
- Streamlined development procedures.
Year Adopted: 2017
Code Studio (Development Code lead)
Rhodeside & Harwell (Comprehensive Plan lead)